1. Be prepared to discuss your case candidly. Your lawyer will need to know all the details of your case to provide you with the best possible defense.
Image Source: Google
2. Be honest with your lawyer. You must tell your lawyer the truth about what happened, even if you are embarrassed or ashamed of your actions. Honesty is the best policy when it comes to your defense.
3. Be patient. The criminal justice system can move slowly, and your case may take months or even years to resolve. It is important to be patient and to trust that your lawyer is working diligently on your behalf.
4. Be realistic. If you have been charged with a serious crime, it is important to be realistic about the potential outcome of your case.
5. Avoid self-representation. The criminal justice system is complex, and it is hard to navigate without proper training and legal experience.
A skilled defense attorney can help to protect your rights during all stages of the criminal justice process, including when charges are first being filed and when an appeal might be needed for dismissal or reduced sentence after conviction.
A conviction for driving while impaired which is also known as DUI in the way it's commonly known, can be an irreparable and traumatic mark on one's record.
But with the assistance of a seasoned DUI Lawyers in Erie PA, it's very likely to have the charges dismissed and your name maintained in good standing within the community you live in.
Image Source: Google
Driving under the effects of alcohol, or any other substances is considered to be a serious offense, since you may cause harm or even death to innocent individuals.
However, it is impossible to make any changes to something that's already occurred. If that includes being detained for driving drunk the best chance to get out of the situation is to get the best DUI lawyer you can locate. If you meet with your attorney the initial step in the process is to discuss the whole event in as precise a manner as feasible.
Start at the beginning and go through everything that led to the officer pulling you over. Every detail, from how the conditions were to the people you were in contact with is significant. The facts and your account are all that the DUI attorney needs to base their case through to prove his case for the defense, therefore be diligent.
With the help of a seasoned DUI defense attorney, you will also make sure to go through the actual traffic stop with a fine-toothed comb.