GPS units like Garmin, which you use in your car for navigation purposes make driving in unknown locations simpler than ever. You can get an exact position for any location through GPS satellites and you can get information about the point of interest around you. All this is possible only if the Garmin maps are updated. In case the maps are outdated, you may get wrong or long routes to the destination. Garmin offers its users a simple interface from where they can perform free Garmin map updates with the purchase of every new Garmin unit.
If you want to know the steps to perform updates for Garmin maps, then here are those:
- Connect the GPS unit to the computer using the USB cable.
- Open a web browser to visit the Map updates page.
- Select ‘Automotive’ and click on ‘Download map updater’. Save the file on the computer and check the updates available for the device.
- You will get stepwise information on how to perform map updates or get the maps installed on the device.
- Whereas the app gets installed, you need to search for the device and click ‘Continue’ once done.
- If the free map update is available, you can select the latest version. Yes, if you are already using the latest version of the map, then you will be notified on the screen which says’ No need to update the maps’.
- Tap ‘Continue’ if prompted with ‘Ready to update maps’. If there is no sufficient space available in the device for performing the update, then remove the pictures or existing maps from the device.
Note: Don’t disconnect the device from the computer while the downloading and installing is under progress. If you come across any error or problem, feel free to contact the Garmin technical team. They will solve the problem amicably and conveniently through phone call or via email chat.
With your Garmin maps now being installed successfully, you will be able to reach from one place to another without any issue.