Laser stretch mark removal is a cosmetic surgery that involves several alternatives. One option is abdominoplasty or tummy tuck. This procedure is not primarily to get rid of stretch marks.
It was first used to tighten the abdominal area to achieve a flat stomach and a slimmer waist. Now the procedure is also used to remove stretch marks in the abdominal region. You can also search online to know more about treatment for stretch marks.
Image Source: Google
What is abdominoplasty?
This is a surgical procedure that helps patients tone and sculpts their abdominal area. During the procedure, the abdominal muscles and skin areas manually tightened and stitched back into place.
Patients can choose to customize the procedure by combining body lift procedures such as liposuction and stretch mark removal.
Types of Tummy Tuck
1) Traditional – excess or affected skin, which is the result of significant aging and weight loss, is removed by the surgeon.
2) Mini – A procedure is less invasive than a traditional tummy tuck.
3) Endoscopy – A minimally invasive procedure has fewer side effects such as bruising, swelling, and scarring. It has a shorter recovery time compared to other methods of abdominoplasty.
4) Extended – An extended abdominoplasty method in which excess skin is removed. Besides stretch marks, it can treat muscle weakness and love handles. Areas that are treated with this kind of procedure are the abdomen, back, and wings.
5) Circular – This procedure is more spacious than the standard procedure. The ideal patient for this type of procedure is those who want to lose a lot of weight.